Lexington Tango - contemporary
Argentine Tango classes and events.
Lexington English Country Dancers
- Regular social dance on Monday nights and a monthly dance at ArtsPlace.
Other Vintage Dance web sites in the eastern U.S. and Canada
- Under the leadership of Renee Camus, this group in the Washington, DC, area is
available for performances, parties, educational presentations, workshops, and teaching
Commonwealth Vintage Dancers
- The Commonwealth Vintage Dancers (Boston, MA) sponsor the famous Newport Vintage
Dance Week in August.
Aquarelle - Founded by Margarita Marambio, this group in Montreal and
Quebec specializes in the promotion of ball dances from the early 19th century up
to World War I.
Flying Cloud - The Flying Cloud Academy of Vintage
Dance (Cincinnati, OH) - where it all began.
- This historical dance company (Cincinnati, OH) recreates the social dances from
American colonial times to World War I.
Grand Traditions Vintage Dance
Academy - The Grand Traditions Vintage Dance Academy (Ann Arbor, MI)
offers classes, workshops, and balls, focusing on dances from the mid-19th through
Pickles - Mixed Pickles is Philadelphia 's vintage dance company.
Dance - dedicated to the research, re-construction and performance of
historic social dance. The group's repertoire encompasses historical eras from the
late 15th through the mid-19th centuries.
Triangle Vintage Dance
- dedicated to providing Vintage Dance events as well as Waltz events for the Triangle
area (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill) of North Carolina.
Victorian Dance Society
- The Victorian Dance Society of the Amherst Museum (Amherst, NY) meets twice a month, holds an
annual ball, and performs at Museum events.
Calendar - This is John Burrow's calendar of vintage events of the Victorian
Vintage Dance Society
- The Vintage Dance Society (Hartford, CT) has a new web page with information about
events, performances, music, costume, and more.
YS Dancers - In Yellow
Springs, Ohio, this group enjoys all the English and American dances from 1600 to
1900---country dance, waltz, schottische, etc.---with regular classes and period
Historical Dance Videos
- Dancetime Publications is one of the top online dance history resources, providing
instruction, historical context, and edu-tainment for dance lovers. Through our
DVDs, avocational dance lovers, dance professionals, researchers, choreographers,
students, and teachers relive the music, fashion, and movement patterns that comprise
the heritage of Western dance.
Links to Sources of Costumes and Costume Information
The Black Tie Guide -
A gentleman's guide to evening wear from the Regency Era on.
Civil War Lady -
Mail order and custom-made clothing for women. Authentic 1860's styles and construction.
Commonwealth Dancers Regency Costume Pages
- Advice on "faking" men's and women's regency costume for a ball.
- "A Central Location on the Web for Fashion and Costume since 1996."
- On-line version of The History of Costume. This site has lots of pictures of costumes
from ancient times to 1880.
Regency Costume Companion - Pictures and discussion of men's and women's
costume from Regency period. Includes links to site for other periods.
History in the Making
- Site offers men's and women's reproduction period costume and accessories. The
catalog includes custom-made articles of 19th century clothing, hats, bonnets, wigs,
neckwear and other assorted items.
Originals by Kay
- Kay Gnagy makes custom vintage clothing for men and women. She specializes in
the Civil War Era.
- Chancey sells patterns for vintage women's clothes---Regency, Edwardian, Ragtime,